View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 12:12 pm

Reply to topic  [ 3 posts ] 
 Success! 

Post Success!
:D
Well, I've been playing around with the Chameleon PIC and had no trouble running the sample "Hello World" program via the PICkit2. Everything went exactly as detailed in the manual. Then I tried to use the bootloader and serial USB interface and failed completely. No problem compiling, but the FlashProg.exe would not connect with the PIC controller. Everything went smoothly until FlashProg needed to identify the chip. Then this morning I thought that maybe in the initial fun I had somehow erased the bootloader, so I used the PICkit 2 to download the bootloader. I went back and used TextPad and the DOS batch file and everything went smoothly! Hurrah!

All of this I guess to share the joy and to say, "Get the PICkit just in case you need to reload the bootloader." Besides, most still use a programmer and you should probably get used to using one!

Hope this helps someone!
Joe

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:11 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Success!
Awesome, glad to know you were able to figure it out and didn't get frustrated and quit like so many other people would have done.

Post some cool projects you use it for in the future.

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:29 am
Site Admin

Post Re: Success!
Good. The bootloader is just a convenience for users. But, its worth the extra money to have a programmer not just for what happened to you, but for debugging.

Andre'

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:00 pm
Profile WWW
Reply to topic   [ 3 posts ]