View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Oct 02, 2014 4:28 pm

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 Help on DirectDraw 

Post Help on DirectDraw
Hi, I feel like out of date asking about directdraw [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

I began studying directX from Mr. LaMothe's "Tricks of the windows game programming gurus" book (it's really hard to find good programming books in my country). I can't seem to manage applying colorkey to destination surface.

what I want to ask is it really true that directX doesn't really support alpha tranparency for directdraw?

Thanks

Mon Aug 14, 2006 2:35 am
Site Admin

Post Help on DirectDraw
With the old interfaces, NO it doesn't. It was put in there, but alpha blending is very advanced and when directX was at that version hardware didn't have blt support for it. But, you can always synthesize it or use Direct3D and 2D techniques to get alpha blending, etc. Which if you want all those effects is the way to go.

Andre'

Mon Aug 14, 2006 4:17 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Post Help on DirectDraw
By magz, I assuming you mean magazine. Anyway, email me personally at ceo@nurve.net and we will see what's up.

andre'

Mon Aug 14, 2006 5:56 pm
Profile WWW

Post Help on DirectDraw
Ooo, I see.. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Thanks,

by the way, I'm currently making a magz for programmers in Indonesia. we are going to publish it soon (this is our first edition). [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
there aren't any magz alike here and we really want to provide all things about programming for Indonesians.

If I may have your permission for using one of your articles (from the net or the books), I would very much appreciate it [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Or perhaps you would like to contribute some of your thoughts? [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thank you very much

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Post Help on DirectDraw
Ooo, I see.. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Thanks,

by the way, I'm currently making a magz for programmers in Indonesia. we are going to publish it soon (this is our first edition). [img]images/smiles/icon_smile.gif[/img]
there aren't any magz alike here and we really want to provide all things about programming for Indonesians.

If I may have your permission for using one of your articles (from the net or the books), I would very much appreciate it [img]images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Or perhaps you would like to contribute some of your thoughts? [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thank you very much

Mon Aug 14, 2006 6:22 pm

Post Help on DirectDraw
Yes indeed Sir, [img]images/smiles/icon_razz.gif[/img]

Wow, I've sent you email regarding that.

by the way, I'm waiting for your "Tricks of the 3D game programming gurus" book at my local bookstore.

They are all out of stock, so I have to wait until next 2 months. [img]images/smiles/icon_sad.gif[/img]

Tue Aug 15, 2006 2:26 am
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]