View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 5:31 am

Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Multiple Classic Computer 

Post Re: Multiple Classic Computer
Man, I have to own it! The Speccy and Amiga were my two fave machines! Mark from FPGAArcade is working on a Badaloc Speccy port for the FPGAArcade, which should be ready soon, too. However, I'm impatient. I might get the MCC, then get an FPGAArcade later on ;)

Out of curiousity, how reliable are the games? Is it like using an Amiga, or some knock off? Have you tried Workbench on it? What is the ROM selection interface like?

Cheers,
Lee

Mon Jul 25, 2011 2:02 pm

we have ben running mostly C64 games "and they run awesome"... every thing we have run, ran great... we are very pleased with it... I've ben keeping an eye on the FPGA arcade as well, I fear that it will cost much more than the mcc-216 because of the extra hardware that and I be leave it will be much harder to program for....

Tue Jul 26, 2011 1:45 am

Confirmed on the forums. A working Spectrum hardware emulation is now running on the device and they're now updating the kernel to provide a device menu for it (so you can select games to run from the SD card etc.). This device is definitely top of my "to buy" list. Will be putting my order in in the next few days :-)

Sun May 13, 2012 12:59 am

I sold mine off as even the basic c64 support was sketchy. Keyboard and mouse would hard lock the unit. Yes, I tried different games and firmware updates. Yes, I tried multiple keyboard and mouse combinations. Anything beyond c64 support was very beta or coming soon.

The potential and price are right. Everything else is a let-down. I'll save up for a Turbo Chameleon 64 instead.

Fri May 25, 2012 3:33 pm

I've had very little trouble with mine, but I got mine not to long ago so it has the latest updates... but if you have C64 hardware more power to you...

Tue May 29, 2012 10:41 pm

necron wrote:
Good luck. Nothing seems to fix it -- Note to all future software engineers. "testing" a piece of software doesn't mean seeing if it runs on YOUR PC. It means installing it on 50 machines with various OS's, and loaded software configurations, service packs, and then outputting log files, and running a set of test scenarios, scripts, and making sure the results are all the same. Then you can consider the program "seems" to work. People need to stop compiling an app on their PC, then thinking its releasable commercially. Just puts 99.9% garbage on internet and wastes a lot of time.

Anyway, Dave let me know. There's not much else to try. I have done the suggested actions that the PHPBB board people say, but they don't know what's wrong either and 90% seem to be running on linux machines.

But, I am going to try and upgrade the BB one more time to the latest point release and maybe the "act" of a million files getting moved around, the DB accessed and updated something with break the broken bug, and it will work and NOT email --

However, I don't have 10-20 hours to deal with it if it breaks during the "hassle free upgrade" procedure - ya right.

Andre'

Its open source right? Can you get access to the code that does the sending?

Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:46 pm

ZX Spectrum core has ben released for FREE download for the Multiple Classic Computer MCC-216 :) ...

Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:28 am

Nice :-) I've been following Mike Stirlings work, which looks more solid, but I love that MCC has support for so many systems.

Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:16 am
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2