View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:03 am

Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
 DC, AC Ground 

Post DC, AC Ground
Hello,
I use Propeller driven by batteries (DC)! I would like to connect BT136 to it; BT136 is driven by both AC and DC!
Since I have very little knowledge on Alternative current and I think it’s a sine wave how ever I have Always been mix up Towards Ground since, current flow from one direction and then opposite way.
So I f I consider that is a must to have a same ground on DC and AC do I need to place a resistor/Capacitor that connect both Grounds?
Thank you

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:49 pm

Post Re: DC, AC Ground
if its ac from a wall outlet then yes it is a sine wave...

I'll ask some of my ham radio friends about the grounding and I'll get back to you as soon as I can...

Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:41 am

yes... the AC and DC should share a common "good earth ground"... you should always have a good earth ground when working with AC...

hope this helps, be careful and be safe :D ...

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:03 am

Thank You Sir, I just want to make something clear, for me DC courant has neutral and the ground is a wire that doesn’t concern the AC power supply (I hope I’m Wright)
So I would like to understand if Ground is neutral or the ground that we plug into the planet earth :?

Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:49 pm

all AC systems should have an "earth ground"... it would be like a copper rod or ribbon in the ground "earth"... even your house hold breaker or fuse box has one that's what your house hold AC system is grounded to... DC systems do not require such grounding most of the time, but I know they do in amateur radio systems to get the best results... when grounding the DC circuit you need to ground the power supply circuit not the battery... I have not used my Hydra in a while but I think theirs a grounding hook up on it some ware "check the circuit diagram in the hydra book"...

Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:50 pm

Many Thanks Sir!

Tue Jan 31, 2012 6:40 pm
Reply to topic   [ 6 posts ]